After setting up the CrashPlan client in my Synology NAS, it failed to enter the System Hibernation Mode.
This blog post will walkthrough the procedure I schedule the CrashPlan Package to start and stop by crontab.
1. In Synology DSM, go to Control Panel > User. Make sure your admin user is enabled.
2. Go to Control Panel > Terminal. Check the Enable SSH service checkbox.
3. Download PuTTY, which is a free SSH client.
4. Double-click the PuTTY binary downloaded. Input your Synology DiskStation IP address, and then click Open.
5. Login as root, and then input your admin user password.
6. Edit the file /etc/crontab. I added the following 2 lines to make CrashPlan running overnight and stop in the morning.
00 22 * * * root /var/packages/CrashPlan/scripts/start-stop-status start 00 06 * * * root /var/packages/CrashPlan/scripts/start-stop-status stop
7. Restart the cron daemon using the following commands
/usr/syno/etc.defaults/rc.d/S04crond.sh stop /usr/syno/etc.defaults/rc.d/S04crond.sh start