- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Project to add SQL Server 2008 Database Project to the existing solution.
- On the Data menu, point to Schema Compare, and then click New Schema Comparison.
- In the Source Schema panel, select Database, and then click New Connection to connect to the data source.
- In the Target Schema panel, select Project, and then select the Database Project.
- Click OK to start Schema Comparison.
- After the comparison finishes, a table in the Schema Compare window lists the database objects that were compared.
- To update the schema to the target Database Project, click Write Updates button in the Schema Compare toolbar.
- You can save the created Schema Comparison for later use.
Tag: Visual Studio